Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Lately I have been feeling a little down and discouraged. I can’t exactly pinpoint the reason for feeling so low. Perhaps it’s the financial stress looming over the Holidays? Or the bad LA traffic that’s kept me caged up in my car for hours? Those extra pounds gained from excessive Halloween candy? Or even a job that at times keeps me feeling stagnant? Whatever it is, I hope to snap out of my funk with a long Thanksgiving weekend ahead of me. I recently came across these Pinteresting words of encouragement that I found somewhat comforting. It seems as if I am not the only one out there feeling down and out if such encouraging quotes are artfully created.
Sunday, November 24, 2013
I am excited to share with you some shots from our family photo session courtesy of Diana Henderson. Our location was set in Westwood on UCLA’s college campus (aka enemy territory). The brick buildings and architecture covered with ivy was so beautiful it didn’t feel anything like Los Angeles. I styled the fam in a navy and emerald green color scheme and accented with tartan plaid on Lil Tyty. At the end of the shoot I surprised the boys with large green confetti. Unfortunately, it didn’t fly and float in the air as I had hoped, so it required throwing up and picking up, throwing up and picking up, over and over again until we got our shot. Overall, aside from the stresses of getting my kids to cooperate and smile, I am happy and relieved with some of our photos.
Saturday, November 23, 2013
Is anyone else thrown off kilter with Thanksgiving being so late this year? I am eager to start my holiday cheer around the house - e.g. put up Christmas lights, create greeting cards, advent calendar, and (gasp) search for the perfect tree. However, these plans are very aggressive and the sad reality is that I’ll get 1 out of the 3 completed this weekend. Hope you have a Happy Weekend!
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Holiday parties are just around the corner and it’s time to convert those summer pleated maxi skirts into party dressings. This boho-glam look can be dressed up from day (add a hat and oversize glasses) to night (with heels and a chunky necklace).
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
I have been lost in the midst of my usual chaos. So much so that I've lost all concept of time and realized Thanksgiving is just a mere week away. And with out losing sight as to the true meaning of the holiday, I list out the five things I am very thankful and grateful for this year.
1. My families’ health. All of them. From moms, dads, Hubs, dogs, cousins, in-laws etc. But I am especially grateful for the health of my little nuggets. We’ve been through some minor scares and conerns this year - a few scrapes, coughs and viral infections, but overall, I thank God for their clean bill of health.
2. Paris. Going to this city for the very first time was a life-changing experience. And it also acted as a much-needed second honeymoon for me and the Hubs.
3. The Hubs. I am a lucky gal to have a husband that deals with my sh$* on a daily basis. And with both our demanding jobs, and full-time parenting gig, he always puts me at number
one three, and him always being last fiddle.
4. Legos. It may sound frivolous to have a toy as a significant form of gratitude. But it is true. Because of legos, it provided hours, days and months of entertainment. These boys love building and creating. And because of Legos, it has created a strong bond of play between brothers and now best friends. What more can a mom ask for?
5. My readers and visitors. Without you - my friends, family, strangers, and passer-byers, the urge to share my creative outlet wouldn’t be publicized. Because of you, I strive to share my life stories and fun projects, thought sometimes the task can be tumultuous. But I hope I never give up the will the write.
What are you grateful for this year?
Monday, November 18, 2013
I got a little carried away this weekend and went to town at Michael's for DIY supplies. I felt so inspired by holiday crafts, I was on a mission for 3 separate projects. Lo and behold, my intention was unfulfilled, and had very little time to spare to tackle all 3. So I started on a fun one that is both kid and parent friendly. The best part of this project was that it’s so easy with little explanation and the supplies were fairly affordable (in total this cost at most $8.00). Even Big D enjoyed helping me out with this quick Sunday craft.
Supplies needed: a bag full of colorful pom poms, twine, and a large knitting needle
Just start threading the needle through the poms and create your colorful pattern and mixing up sizes. Space pons 3-4 inches apart.
Big D helped me organize the poms by color
Hang this cheery garland through out the house
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
I have been envious of them ever since they starred as baby Michelle Tanner on Full House. I mean who didn’t want to grow up with a twin sister?! And even in their mature twenty-something form, I am envious of their closets. Known for their boho bourgeois - oversized sunglasses, boots and loose sweaters and maxi skirts, they have been iconic amongst the fashion houses of the world.
I am a little behind this week, but on the lucky day of 11.12.13 my lovely mom celebrated yet another birthday. Even if we may not have been together to celebrate your special day, we send you a ton of love and hugs from afar. xx
Sunday, November 10, 2013
I am not going to sugar coat what should be a fun-filled event - however, family photos with young toddlers can be highly stressful. Having them sit together is a lot to ask for let alone getting them to smile at the same time.Wrangling them and reeling them in before a photographer is no glamorous thing and I'm relieved that this annual event is D.O.N.E. While I have yet to see what the final outcome of our photos (thank goodness for Photoshop) here are some candid sneak peeks through the eye of my iPhone.
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Just when I got teased with the cold, fall weather, heat waves are transpiring in LA making my outfit choices very difficult. It’s not very pretty melting and sweating in a chunky sweater and leather leggings! I want to get my hands in one of these knit wrap skirts to get that fall to summer versatility - it’s fall on top summer on the bottom.